Autor Thema: Ndrali wonderful H3-6 double shock level  (Gelesen 2724 mal)

Vince

• Gast
Ndrali wonderful H3-6 double shock level
« am: Oktober 15, 2007, 21:38:05 Nachmittag »
Hello all,

I must apologize for speaking only in  English here.  I come from Belgium, and don't speak german.   :traurig:

Just some words about me:
I  30 yo, I'm meteorite collector for a long time, i had purchase my first meteorite in summer 1994. At this time, Jupiter was impacted by multiples SL09 comets fragments.  A very big show!!
Now I think to have more than 350 differents  meteorites in collection with only  approx 50 NWA saharian meteorites.   

Some meteorites success stories: 
My first  own find was in Lybia  in 2000, "just" a little  156 g stone    :wow:
I'm the finder of the second larger european meteorite ( Mont Dieu n°2, found in 2005 in France very close to Belgian border) a huge 435 Kg silicated iron meteorite.  The meteorite is now in permanent exhibition at Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences .     
My last  nice identification is a very little stony meteorite, fell in Belgium in 1976  very close to German border, find by kids during school expedition.  They must looking for  stones, frogs, leave, wood, ...  and found a very friable meteorite.  The was displayed at school under  label "iron in limestone".  The meteoritical  origin has only been suspected in 2006.  The incomplete crusted mass weight 189 g.  The stone is now at Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences.

I would like to show you  a new meteorite, :wow: found in north Chad two years ago in the Ndrali area.

Each meteorites from this fall are fabulous regmaglypted stones.  Litterally a stony Sikhote-Alin. The total mass is approx 7.5 Kg.  Only three little stone were cut, all others will be preserved.  The eastheticals shape are too nice for cut them !!

The matrix consist in  clear chondritics clast (H5/6 S2) engained in a very dark matrix (H3.8 highly shocked S6 !! ) .

The dark matrix contain many little chondrules (300 to 400 µm) flowed in chocks veins.  A non negligeable part consist in  primitives chondrules in wich some metal drops were found. Some of them are elliptic, partialy melt, ...  There is also  lot of olivines grains, some pyroxenes, chromites, PO chondrules,  and type 3 chondritics conglomerates. The dark matric contain lot of opaques inclusions.

The matrix is covered by metal flakes. They consist approx 2/3 kamacite & 1/3 taenite.  Two differents taenite concentration were found, it probably come from both initial parents bodies. 
On the base of  troilite alteration study, the weathering is only W0/1.

Analysis were made during lasts months  by Dransart, EMTT, Lyon, France. Several specifics mineralogicals aspects were observed by M.Denise at MHNP, Paris.  This fabulous meteorite will be submit to the met bull in the next weeks under proposal name: Ndrali.

I have some slice to sale. if you are interested, you can see     http://users.skynet.be/meteorite.be/ndrali.html

If you are interested by the analysis aspect,  you will read the first Ndrali H3.8-5/6 mineral report within the next few days  at    http://users.skynet.be/meteorite.be/ndrali-analysis.html .
 In the next weeks, more than 50 pictures of Ndrali thin sections (chondrules, flakes, matrix, olivine cristals, chromite, pyroxenes,shock veins,..) will be added.

kind regards,

Vincent JACQUES  from Belgium
aerolithes@gmail.com

Offline pallasit

• Generaldirektor
Re: Ndrali wonderful H3-6 double shock level
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 15, 2007, 22:25:30 Nachmittag »
Hello Vincent,

Welcome! Kindly excuse my poor english. Ndrali is very beautiful. Thank you for this information.

best regards

Willi

Offline JaH073

• Foren-Meister
  • Meteoriten Verkauf unter www.strufe.net
    • HSSH Pirmasens Meteorite
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 15, 2007, 22:30:17 Nachmittag »
Hello Vincent,

nice to meet you also here at the Forum.
Nice meteorite your Ndrali.
Has a very interesting classification result with a wide range.

Hope you do remember me...........

Best regards

Hanno
Je mehr Ecken und Kanten ein Diamant hat, umso mehr funkelt und strahlt der Stein.

Vince

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 16, 2007, 20:14:29 Nachmittag »
Hello Willi & Hanno,

I hope post in the next days some informations, includind beautiful thin section pictures. I think that you will be surprised by multiples minerals presents in this nice meteorite.

Hanno,   Of course, I remember you !!  We regulary saw each other in Ensisheim  and Munchen fair.   I have a little doubt concerning one point:  A german speaking collector asked me  for the copy of the St Denijs Westrem report?  Is that you?

Best regards, 

Vincent

Offline JaH073

• Foren-Meister
  • Meteoriten Verkauf unter www.strufe.net
    • HSSH Pirmasens Meteorite
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 16, 2007, 20:21:09 Nachmittag »
Hello Vincent,

nice that you remember me    :super:

but I am sure I am not the one who has something to do with the copy of the St. Denis Westrem report.

anyways, good to have you here in our Form.

Best regards

Hanno
Je mehr Ecken und Kanten ein Diamant hat, umso mehr funkelt und strahlt der Stein.

Impressum --- Datenschutzerklärung