Autor Thema: 'The Meteorite Hunter' von Laura Boudreau  (Gelesen 1866 mal)

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
'The Meteorite Hunter' von Laura Boudreau
« am: März 20, 2012, 07:10:28 Vormittag »

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
Re: 'The Meteorite Hunter' von Laura Boudreau
« Antwort #1 am: März 20, 2012, 22:32:55 Nachmittag »
Über die Inspiration zu ihrer Geschichte sagte die Autorin übrigens folgendes:

Zitat
The Meteorite Hunter” was inspired by a magazine article about, well, a meteorite hunter. This man’s quest to collect space rocks struck me as both noble and fruitless, and I wanted to capture that dichotomy in my main character’s struggle to connect with his daughter. I found it difficult to focalize the narrative through David, a divorced man and estranged dad (that’s pretty far from my own experience, and subject position), but I must have done something right because the story seems to resonate with readers, particularly men. I think it’s healthy for writers to stretch their voices. If you find you’re writing endless incarnations of yourself, you’d probably be better off investing in a private diary. As one of my teachers used to say, nobody cares about what it feels like to be a potato.

source: http://saltyink.com/2012/03/16/a-review-of-suitable-precautions-and-interview-with-laura-boudreau-canadianaffair/

Wer hat sie da wohl inspiriert?

Mike, Geoff, Ruben, Sonny oder etwa einer der unseren .... ?   :einaugeblinzel:

:belehr: Aus männlicher Perspektive betrachtet, ist die Meteoritensuche übrigens sowohl nobel als auch 'fruchtbar'!  :einaugeblinzel:

Zitat aus der Geschichte:

Zitat
The Meteorite Hunter was backlit and holding a blood-red stone from outer space.

Muss ein Eukrit mit 'roter Kruste' gewesen sein:  :einaugeblinzel:
http://www.jgr-apolda.eu/index.php?topic=5895.0
« Letzte Änderung: März 20, 2012, 22:53:22 Nachmittag von karmaka »

Impressum --- Datenschutzerklärung