Autor Thema: Meteorite in der Literatur  (Gelesen 19079 mal)

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
Re: Meteorite in der Literatur
« Antwort #60 am: Juli 27, 2019, 00:17:58 Vormittag »
Mallarmé schrieb 1896 immerhin metaphorisch über einen 'menschlichen Meteor' im literarischen Leben seiner Zeit: Arthur Rimbaud

"avec le désordre somptueux d’une passion on ne saurait dire rien que spirituellement exotique. Éclat, lui, d’un météore, apparu sans motif autre que sa présence ; issu seul et s’éteignant. Tout, certes, aurait existé, depuis, sans ce passant considérable, comme aucune circonstance littéraire vraiment n’y prépara : le cas personnel demeure, avec force."

Für Mallarmé hatte Rimbaud 'meteorische Eigenschaften': er erschien nur um da zu sein, er kam allein und verschwand.  :einaugeblinzel:

Offline Mettmann

• Foren-Gott
« Antwort #61 am: Juli 27, 2019, 00:47:35 Vormittag »
Huh, aber ich hab das Paradise Lost nie gelesen....
Nu überfliegend,  wär ich Cord Miraxson tät ich den gesamten Höllensturz zum Meteoritenfall erklären.
Sonsten nur Meteore herinnen:

Azazel as his right, a Cherub tall:
Who forthwith from the glittering staff unfurled
Th' imperial ensign; which, full high advanced,
Shone like a meteor streaming to the wind,
With gems and golden lustre rich emblazed,
Seraphic arms and trophies;

Hielt Azazel, ein stolzer Cherub, sich,
Der unverweilt am glanz'gen Stabesschaft
Die königliche Fahn' entrollt, die frei
Ein Meteor im Windeszuge blitzte,
Mit goldnem Prunk und Gemmen reich besetzt,
Den Waffen und Trophän der Seraphim.
"If any of you cry at my funeral,
I'll never speak to you again."
(S.Laurel 1890-1965)

Offline Mettmann

• Foren-Gott
« Antwort #62 am: Juli 27, 2019, 00:51:04 Vormittag »
Und vom verlorenen zum künstlichen Paradies, Baudelaire:

Der Verrückte hat Mitleid mit dem Weisen und von diesem Augenblicke an dämmert am Horizont seines Verstandes die Idee seiner Überlegenheit. Bald wird sie wachsen, anschwellen und wie ein Meteor platzen. Ich war Zeuge einer solchen Szene, die sich bis zum äussersten auswuchs und deren Groteskheit nur denen verständlich war, die aus Beobachtung wenigstens die Wirkung des Haschisch und den ungeheuren Unterschied der Schwingungen kennen, die sie zwischen zwei als gleich vorausgesetzten Intellekten hervorbringt.
(S.Laurel 1890-1965)

Offline Mettmann

• Foren-Gott
« Antwort #63 am: Juli 27, 2019, 00:59:52 Vormittag »
Hui, wie gruselig und der arme Kater Silvio....

Bram Stoker: The Jewel of the Seven Stars:

'This woman seems to have had extraordinary foresight. Foresight far, far beyond her age and the philosophy of her time. She seems to have seen through the weakness of her own religion, and even prepared for emergence into a different world. All her aspirations were for the North, the point of the compass whence blew the cool invigorating breezes that make life a joy. From the first, her eyes seem to have been attracted to the seven stars of the Plough from the fact, as recorded in the hieroglyphics in her tomb, that at her birth a great aerolite fell, from whose heart was finally extracted that Jewel of Seven Stars which she regarded as the talisman of her life. It seems to have so far ruled her destiny that all her thought and care circled round it. The Magic Coffer, so wondrously wrought with seven sides, we learn from the same source, came from the aerolite. Seven was to her a magic number; and no wonder. With seven fingers on one hand, and seven toes on one foot.
(S.Laurel 1890-1965)

Offline Wunderkammerad

• Direktor
« Antwort #64 am: Juli 27, 2019, 01:00:08 Vormittag »
Mallarmé schrieb 1896 immerhin metaphorisch über einen 'menschlichen Meteor' im literarischen Leben seiner Zeit: Arthur Rimbaud

"avec le désordre somptueux d’une passion on ne saurait dire rien que spirituellement exotique. Éclat, lui, d’un météore, apparu sans motif autre que sa présence ; issu seul et s’éteignant. Tout, certes, aurait existé, depuis, sans ce passant considérable, comme aucune circonstance littéraire vraiment n’y prépara : le cas personnel demeure, avec force."

Für Mallarmé hatte Rimbaud 'meteorische Eigenschaften': er erschien nur um da zu sein, er kam allein und verschwand.  :einaugeblinzel:
Ja, so ist es. Und tatsächlich war Rimbaud ein Meister des Verschwindens.

Meteorite werden gern herangezogen als Metapher für Raschheit, Flüchtigkeit, Transitorik des Erscheinens. Ich hätte da von Mallarmé mehr erhofft, gerade im Bezug auf sein Konzept der Constellation.

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
« Antwort #65 am: Juli 27, 2019, 01:15:18 Vormittag »
Hier noch etwas aus Manfred (Akt I, Szene 1)

von Lord Byron

"WHEN the moon is on the wave,   
  And the glow-worm in the grass,   
And the meteor on the grave,   
  And the wisp on the morass;   
When the falling stars are shooting,
And the answered owls are hooting,   
And the silent leaves are still   
In the shadow of the hill,   
Shall my soul be upon thine,   
With a power and with a sign."

Offline Wunderkammerad

• Direktor
« Antwort #66 am: Juli 27, 2019, 01:25:00 Vormittag »
Bitte sehr, bitte gern, da taucht ja doch was auf. Genialer Schachzug: der Himmelssturz mit anschließendem Engels-Streufeld.

Oder, um eine etwas harte Überleitung inkauf zu nehmen: Kazzn-Streufeld https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2a/e8/b4/2ae8b47213b4abea8ad49c2f36a4d10a.png

Mettmann, den Kater Silvio hab ich in dem Stoker-Text nicht auffinden können. Wahrscheinlich kapier ich eine Anspielung nicht. Aber Kazzn und Meteorite, das hat was. Angefangen auf dero höchsteigener Website http://www.meteorite-martin.de/frisch_meteorit.html

Dann natürlich hier https://www.lpi.usra.edu/science/kring/epo_web/arizona_meteorites/popups/cat_mtn.jpg ...
... hier https://fatcatart.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Meteorite-cat-and-bird1.jpg
... hier https://i.pinimg.com/474x/db/ae/e2/dbaee23bd4304a7f521039614fe44a59--grumpy-cat-quotes-cat-memes.jpg
... https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/jfx0OXYMoGR3ydpFITfxS2BjOc1AsT5Ol7tn8RKd8jTBwD44QwhrLbHs0uTKnzAKewU=w720-h310
... hier https://i.pinimg.com/originals/66/a9/a8/66a9a87048927a0132d5095ae50c2f42.jpg
... und hier http://catplanet.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Meteorite-cat.jpg

Offline Mettmann

• Foren-Gott
« Antwort #67 am: Juli 27, 2019, 01:26:41 Vormittag »
Uhuhuh es wird immer irischer und schauderlicher:

Maturin's Melmoth the Wanderer:
...Love" he cried, extending his arm towards the dim and troubled sky,
"love the storm in its might of destruction - seek alliance with those swift and perilous travellers of the groaning air,
 - the meteor that rends, and the thunder that shakes it! - Court, for sheltering tenderness,
those masses of dense and rolling cloud, - the baseless mountains of heaven! Woo the kisses of the fiery lightnings,
to quench themselves on your smouldering bosom! Seek all that is terrible in nature for your companions and your lover!
- woo them to burn and blast you - perish in their fierce embrace, and you will be happier, far happier,
than if you lived in mine! Lived ! Oh who can be mine and live !
Hear me, Imalee !"

Imaleeeeee....Muhahahaaarrr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskO8K3lXJI

(S.Laurel 1890-1965)

Offline Wunderkammerad

• Direktor
« Antwort #68 am: Juli 27, 2019, 01:32:33 Vormittag »
Uhuhuh es wird immer irischer und schauderlicher:

Maturin's Melmoth the Wanderer:
...Love" he cried, extending his arm towards the dim and troubled sky,
"love the storm in its might of destruction - seek alliance with those swift and perilous travellers of the groaning air,
 - the meteor that rends, and the thunder that shakes it! - Court, for sheltering tenderness,
those masses of dense and rolling cloud, - the baseless mountains of heaven! Woo the kisses of the fiery lightnings,
to quench themselves on your smouldering bosom! Seek all that is terrible in nature for your companions and your lover!
- woo them to burn and blast you - perish in their fierce embrace, and you will be happier, far happier,
than if you lived in mine! Lived ! Oh who can be mine and live !
Hear me, Imalee !"

Imaleeeeee....Muhahahaaarrr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskO8K3lXJI

Guudsnachtliedsche ... https://youtu.be/t8cTeGEGvc0

Offline Mettmann

• Foren-Gott
« Antwort #69 am: Juli 27, 2019, 01:37:45 Vormittag »
Hier erscheint der Kater Silvio nur für Dich:

As she was speaking a faint rattling of the door handle was heard. Instantly Miss Trelawny's face brightened. She sprang up and went over to the door, saying as she went:

'There he is! That is my Silvio. He stands on his hind legs and rattles the door handle when he wants to come into a room.' She opened the door, speaking to the cat as though he were a baby: 'Did him want his mower? Come then; but he must stay with her!' She lifted the cat, and came back with him in her arms. He was certainly a magnificent animal. A chinchilla grey Persian with long silky hair; a really lordly animal with a haughty bearing, despite his gentleness; and with great paws which spread out as he placed them on the ground. Whilst she was fondling him, he suddenly gave a wriggle like an eel and slipped out of her arms. He ran across the room and stood opposite a low table on which stood the mummy of an animal, and began to mew and snarl. Miss Trelawny was after him in an instant and lifted him in her arms, kicking and struggling and wriggling to get away; but not biting or scratching, for evidently he loved his beautiful mistress. He ceased to make a noise the moment he was in her arms; in a whisper she admonished him:

'O you naughty Silvio! You have broken your parole that mother gave for you. Now, say good-night to the gentlemen, and come away to mother's room!' As she was speaking she held out the cat's paw to me to shake. As I did so I could not but admire its size and beauty. 'Why,' said I, 'his paw seems like a little boxing-glove full of claws.' She smiled:

'So it ought to. Don't you notice that my Silvio has seven toes see!' she opened the paw; and surely enough there were seven separate claws, each of them seamed in a delicate, fine, shell-like case. As I gently stroked the foot the claws emerged and one of them accidentally--there was no anger now and the cat was purring--struck into my hand. Instinctively I said as I drew back:

'Why, his claws are like razors!'

Doch mehr, mehr wird nicht verraten... :eek:
(S.Laurel 1890-1965)

Offline Wunderkammerad

• Direktor
« Antwort #70 am: Juli 27, 2019, 01:43:46 Vormittag »
Da isser, der Silvio. Besten Dank.

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
« Antwort #71 am: Juli 27, 2019, 02:02:08 Vormittag »
Meteorite werden gern herangezogen als Metapher für Raschheit, Flüchtigkeit, Transitorik des Erscheinens.

Ja, flüchtig wie das menschliche Dasein selbst, das in der ersten Strophe in Percy Bysshe Shelleys Gedicht 'On Death' als das kalte Licht (mit moony smile) eines 'meteor beam' am sternenlosen Himmel erscheint.

On Death
(1814-16)

"The pale, the cold, and the moony smile
Which the meteor beam of a starless night
Sheds on a lonely and sea-girt isle,
Ere the dawning of morn's undoubted light,
Is the flame of life so fickle and wan
That flits round our steps till their strength is gone."

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
« Antwort #72 am: Juli 27, 2019, 02:16:45 Vormittag »
aus:

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (1798)

von Samuel Taylor Coleridge

"The upper air bursts into life,
And a hundred fire-flags sheen
To and fro they are hurried about;
And to and fro, and in and out
The stars dance on between."

Möglicherweise inspiriert durch den Leonidenschauer am 13/14 November 1797.

Offline Wunderkammerad

• Direktor
« Antwort #73 am: Juli 27, 2019, 02:32:01 Vormittag »
Uuh huuuh, mich fröstelt. Immerhin war die Dame des Hauses, Mary Shelley, die Autorin der Mutter aller (zumindest filmischen) Horrorgestalten: FRANKENSTEIN. (Passt übrigens auch in den Stein-Lit. Faden.)

Und wenn wirs schon von den letzten Dingen haben. P.B. Shelleys Freund John Keats starb 1821 an Tuberkulose. Im Alter von 26 Jahren. Seine Grabinschrift auf dem Protestantischen Friedhof Roms (ja, sogar sowas gibts) lautet: "Here lies One Whose Name was writ in Water". Das war fast schon sowas wie eine Prophezeiung, denn 1822 folgte ihm P.B. Shelley, er ertrank, 30jährig, auf einer Segeltour vor La Spezia.

Back to topic: 1990 wurde der Asteroid (4110) Keats nach dem Dichter benannt.

Eigentlich schade, dieser Brexit.

Offline Mettmann

• Foren-Gott
« Antwort #74 am: Juli 27, 2019, 23:01:43 Nachmittag »
Heut nur gschwind zum Selberblättern, eine reizende Kometenhandschrift aus der Uni-Bibliothek Kassel,
mit ganzseitigen Kometenmalereien, und buongiorno Schiaparelli, Sternschnuppenstrom, von 1580:
https://orka.bibliothek.uni-kassel.de/viewer/object/1336039708836/3/

wobei auf Blatt 6 recto, der Maler uns rechts unten mitzuteilen scheint, was er vom Thema hält...
https://orka.bibliothek.uni-kassel.de/viewer/object/1336039708836/13/

Mettmann

(S.Laurel 1890-1965)

Impressum --- Datenschutzerklärung