Autor Thema: Meteorit über Kuba ?  (Gelesen 20493 mal)

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
Re: Meteorit über Kuba ?
« Antwort #90 am: Februar 23, 2019, 00:04:08 Vormittag »
Inzwischen ist eine neue aktualisierte Grafik des Streufeldes im Umlauf, die nun auch nicht offiziell festgestellte Fundorte (blaue Punkte) integriert, die sich teilweise auf den Mogotes befinden.

Streufeld-Karte

Offline Wunderkammerad

• Direktor
« Antwort #91 am: Februar 23, 2019, 02:04:38 Vormittag »
Über die amerikanische MetList kam diese Nacht folgender eindrucksvolle Bericht von Mike Farmer zum Vinales-Fall - Zitat daraus:

"I just spent a week in Viñales. The stories about the fall are incredible. I’d like to share a few things regarding the fall. I speak fluent Spanish so getting the information was easy.

One farmer was in his yard feeding chickens when he saw the bright flash for a couple of seconds he said brighter than the sun. Hard to see because the sun was also in the same direction.  It then he saw the smoke trail overhead expanding once it passed over. A couple minutes later the sonic booms and shockwave hit. he said it was like being punched. Then a minute or more after the shockwave hit, stones started falling all around him.

He heard individual pieces screaming in making whistling sounds and hitting the ground. One hit his garden about 50 feet away.  Another landed in the pond about 100 feet away, making a large water splash. Another hit in the coffee plants behind his house. He said stones were falling for over a minute or two. Hitting at different times. They didn’t all come down at once.

He and his family found 4 near his house. One he heard hit in thick brush and it hasn’t yet been found. One hit a yucca plant nearly Cutting the trunk in half. He found that stone 5 days later embedded in the soil at the base of the plant.

His wife found another across the street of almost 1 kilogram. It was embedded in the soil and only the top surface was showing.

One boy on a bicycle was riding home rapidly afraid from the explosions. He thought it was an American missile attack. A large 250 gram meteorite slammed into the asphalt road in front of him nearly hitting him. He saw it bounce into the ditch and he jumped off the bike and grabbed it, rapidly throwing it down because the stone was painfully cold.

Another stone landed on the patio of the guesthouse Where I stayed in downtown Viñales town.

I spoke to three other people who saw stones hit the ground and picked the up instantly, all said same thing, that they had to drop them because they were so cold.

One stone penetrated a house roof in Viñales and smashed a laptop computer. I have not located the stone or computer to confirm. Possible the police confiscated it. I have people working on it. I know of at least 15 houses hit. All stones taken by the government.

I drove all over the Viñales Valley area, a massive area and no part was spared meteorites. They were everywhere. Heavily scattered and not well sorted.

10 gram stones fell a few feet from 2.5 kilogram stones. 50 gram, 500 gram. All same place.

Miles away in the town of La Majagua, thousands of small peas landed. Sadly few were collected. The area is dense jungle and forest. Some people reported picking up over 100 stones in a short time. Many thrown away or given to the government. People came from far away and took pieces. Miles up the road to the east is the El Salto lake. Many stones were found on the dam. It has been heavily searched and I spent a few hours there and didn’t find any. Some people reported going into the pine forest nearby and finding many small stones on the pine needles on the ground.

Sadly a massive heavy rain came last week only a couple days before my arrival washing away the roads and making finds much more difficult. With limited time I didn’t make any finds.

Most stones that landed in the soft farm soil penetrated in and vanished under the soil. Before the rain people could see the impact holes and locate the stone below. Now after the rain they are impossible to locate. Stones are still being found in grassy pastures and fields. But ticks are a problem. Within moments of entering the grass you will be covered in tiny ticks. I’m still looking for them.

Stones are reported as falling in Pilotos village as well. This is due to the high winds that curved the strewn field sharply to the east. Doubtless millions of stones fell. The energy was 1.5 kiloton and the mass was 350~ tons. If 99 % vaporized there would still be 3 tons on the ground.

The problem is that the main part of the strewn field with larger pieces is all jungle, mountains and dense tropical forest. Not much chance of many large ones being recovered, and the largest masses made it to the ocean.

Hard to estimate what’s been recovered. I’d put it at 30-50 kilograms or more.

I have a limited number of complete crusted stones from 10 grams up yo about 50 grams. I was able to decide what to purchase so I only took the best pieces. Money is severely limited in Cuba due to no access to American banking. Impossible to use any credit card or bank card. Cash is heavily taxed. Changing is dollars incurs an instant 13% penalty tax! 

Michael Farmer"

Offline Thin Section

• Foren-Guru
« Antwort #92 am: Februar 23, 2019, 14:58:15 Nachmittag »
They were everywhere. Heavily scattered and not well sorted. 10 gram stones fell a few feet from 2.5 kilogram stones. 50 gram, 500 gram. All same place.

Das ist ja mal interessant !
Anyone any ideas? Karl !?

Bernd  :winke:
(247553) Berndpauli = 2002 RV234

Das Ärgerlichste in dieser Welt ist, dass die Dummen todsicher und die Intelligenten voller Zweifel sind. (Bertrand Russell, britischer Philosoph und Mathematiker).

Offline gsac

• Foren-Legende
« Antwort #93 am: Februar 23, 2019, 15:09:03 Nachmittag »
Farmer ist, wie man bei uns sagt, "ausgefuchst"! Also ein cleverer Kerl, der es noch immer verstand, seine "Schäfchen ins Trockene zu bringen", wie man bei uns auch sagt. Ich mag ihn, obwohl ich schon sehr lange mehr kein "business" mit ihm gemacht habe, und kenne ihn seit der Zeit vor etwa 20 Jahren, als er mal in meinem Wohnzimmer in Stade saß, en passant, weil er auch entfernte Verwandte in Norddeutschland hat, und meinen damaligen "Tiger" (wunderbare Katze, leider längst tot) streichelte. Da war es noch ein junger Mann, der sich dann später anschickte, die Nachfolge des ehrenhaften und inzwischen legendären Bob Haag anzutreten. Das war die Zeit, als David New so allmählich die Bühne verliess und Mike sagte mir auf der Fahrt vom Bahnhof zu mir, werde ich nie vergessen, sinngemäss "dem Internet gehört die Zukunft!". Er hatte nicht viel dabei but a few dollars, und auf jeden Fall noch nicht das big ego of nowadays, aber er hat sich gemausert. Natürlich ist sein Material heute viel zu teuer, unter uns Betschwestern und -brüdern, aaaaber er bürgt mit einem soliden Namen. As always: know your dealer!

:hut: Alex

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
« Antwort #94 am: Februar 24, 2019, 12:06:18 Nachmittag »
Noch mehr Augenfutter von den Chilenen. Der erste von drei Funden.

VIDEO

Offline Thin Section

• Foren-Guru
« Antwort #95 am: Februar 24, 2019, 17:45:54 Nachmittag »
Davon abgesehen ist der extrem geschockt. Die Bruchflächen sind übersät mit Schockadern.
Siehe heutiges Bild #5 von MPOD ! Bernd  :winke:

... und siehe hier diese Aufnahme von einer Scheibe des Viñales. Es ist eine Scheibe, die Ruben Garcia in der Bucht anbot. Nein, ... mir gehört sie nicht!  :crying:

Das Ärgerlichste in dieser Welt ist, dass die Dummen todsicher und die Intelligenten voller Zweifel sind. (Bertrand Russell, britischer Philosoph und Mathematiker).

Offline Ben Austria

• Privater Sponsor
  • Oberrat
« Antwort #96 am: Februar 24, 2019, 22:59:53 Nachmittag »
Hallo Zusammen,

mein Scheiberl (3,49 g) kann da zwar nicht ganz mithalten, aber es bereitet mir trotzdem große Freude.
Die eine Seite geschnitten mit Blick auf eine Matrix voller Schockadern und ein paar schöne Chondren - die andere Seite ist eine Bruchfläche. "Eingerahmt" ist die Scheibe mit einer schönen, frischen Fussionskruste.
Da musste ich zuschlagen.

Wünsche allen einen guten Start in die Woche!  :hut:
Ben

Offline Thin Section

• Foren-Guru
« Antwort #97 am: Februar 25, 2019, 12:14:32 Nachmittag »
Ben, Glückwunsch zu Deinem "Scheiberl" !  :super:

Schöne Schockadern + schöne, große, blaugraue Pyroxenchondre unterhalb der Bildmitte (Bild #1) in der 5 Uhr Position!

Offline Gibeon2010

• Technischer Supporter
  • Generaldirektor
« Antwort #98 am: Februar 25, 2019, 17:57:52 Nachmittag »
Über die amerikanische MetList kam diese Nacht folgender eindrucksvolle Bericht von Mike Farmer zum Vinales-Fall - Zitat daraus:

Interessanter Bericht, vielen Dank für's posten.  :super:
Viele Grüße
Jens

Offline Ben Austria

• Privater Sponsor
  • Oberrat
« Antwort #99 am: Februar 25, 2019, 23:58:33 Nachmittag »
Ben, Glückwunsch zu Deinem "Scheiberl" !  :super:

Vielen Dank Bernd  :hut:
Bin schon gespannt auf weitere Bilder von den "kubanischen Sammlungszuwächsen".

LG
Ben

Offline Sikhote

• Privater Sponsor
  • Generaldirektor
« Antwort #100 am: Februar 26, 2019, 09:39:54 Vormittag »

Interessanter Bericht, vielen Dank für's posten.  :super:

Vielen Dank auch von mir.
Ich hoffe, dass noch viel auf den Markt kommt.  :super:

Gratuliere dir, Ben, zum schönen Scheibchen.

Grüße
Sigrid

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
« Antwort #101 am: März 28, 2019, 06:25:26 Vormittag »
Nun auch official als L6.

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
« Antwort #102 am: April 02, 2019, 23:18:50 Nachmittag »
Die Academia de Ciencias de Cuba hat eine Spezialausgabe ihrer Anales zum Fall von Viñales mit einigen interessanten Informationen veröffentlicht.

Das größte Exemplar wiegt offenbar etwas über 2070 Gramm und wurde nördlich der Sierra de Viñales gefunden.

Anales de la Academia de Ciencias de Cuba, Vol. 9, Núm. 1 Especial (2019)

Meteorito caído en Cuba: por los caminos de la verdad científica

Luis Velázquez-Pérez

PDF DOWNLOAD

RECUENTO DE LOS METEORITOS REPORTADOS EN CUBA Y BIBLIOGRAFÍA SOBRE EL TEMA

Yasmani Ceballos-Izquierdo

PDF DOWNLOAD
PDF DOWNLOAD

EL METEORITO DE VIÑALES: CAMPO DE DISPERSIÓN Y DAÑOS OCASIONADOS (Mit Daten zu den Meteoriten im Streufeld!)  :super:

Manuel Vázquez-Torres, René M. Pino Torga

PDF DOWNLOAD
PDF DOWNLOAD

ESTUDIO ESPECTROSCÓPICO, COMPOSICIONAL Y MINERALÓGICO DE UN FRAGMENTO DEL METEORITO VIÑALES, CAÍDO EN LOS JAZMINES, CUBA OCCIDENTAL

Manuel A. Iturralde-Vinent, Angélica I. Llanes-Castro, María Santa Cruz-Pacheco, Carlos A. Toledo-Sánchez, Ileana Cabrera-Díaz

PDF DOWNLOAD
« Letzte Änderung: April 02, 2019, 23:43:07 Nachmittag von karmaka »

Offline karmaka

• Administrator
  • Foren-Legende
    • karmaka
« Antwort #103 am: April 03, 2019, 18:32:45 Nachmittag »
Im Anhang befinden sich zwei von mir auf der Grundlage offizieller Daten angefertigte Viñales-Streufeldkarten mit konkreten Gewichtsangaben und Fundstellen zu 64 Exemplaren zwischen 46 und 2070 Gramm (Gesamtgewicht: 21752,38 g.)

(Viñales ID/ Gewicht in Gramm)

Warum bei vielen ein Gewicht von 109 Gramm angegeben ist, ist mir unbekannt.

Offline ganimet

• -Sheriff-
  • Generaldirektor
« Antwort #104 am: April 03, 2019, 18:51:50 Nachmittag »
In der PDF Liste "Anales de la Academia de Ciencias de Cuba Vol. 9, Núm. 1 Especial (2019)" stehen die tatsächlich auch alle mit 109g....3x5cm wiegt 109g...15x3,5cm auch 109g  :dizzy:
Daß alles vergeht;weiß man schon in der JUGEND;
aber wie schnell alles vergeht,erfährt man erst im ALTER.

Impressum --- Datenschutzerklärung